What I did for my 29th birthday

 My 29th birthday was this past September. Me and my mom had salads from the Millburn Deli for lunch. After that I got my nails done. And then, later, I went to NYC to meet my dad. I took Uber from NJ to NYC. 

We had dinner at an Italian restaurant called Osteria Delbianco. It was on East 49th Street, right by the theater district. For appetizers I had a Caesar salad and prosciutto con burrata. It was really delicious! For my main course I had some spaghetti with tomato sauce and sausages. It was so good! After that I has some dessert. I had a chocolate brownie with some vanilla gelato, which was really rich. The waiters sang happy birthday to me and I was surprised! 

My birthday dinner. 


After dinner was over, me and my dad saw a Broadway musical called The Outsiders. It rook place in Tulsa, Oklahoma in 1967. It was about Ponyboy Curtis and his friends.

Ponyboy was raised by his brothers Soda Pop and Darrel. The Greasers and the Socs are enemies. The Socs are more upper class; the Greasers are poor. Ponyboy soon has a crush on Sherri "Cherry" Valance. She is one of the Socs. They talk at the drive in movie theater. Cherry's boyfriend Bob and Ponyboy get into a fight and Cherry breaks up with Bob.

Later on, Ponyboy and his friend Johnny Cade got into a fight with Bob and the Socs and Johnny stabs Bob to death. Ponyboy and Johnny run far away because of it. They run to an abandoned church where children have gone for a field trip. In the end, Johnny dies while saving children when the church caught fire. Ponyboy goes back with his brothers Darrel and Sodapop. Later, Ponyboy wrote a book about his life. 

I give The Outsiders a 10 out of 10! I really enjoyed the plot as well as the music.


Here is the Broadway musical that I saw. 


I heard it won a Tony award for Best Musical. It was well deserved! It was also based off of a movie directed by Francis Ford Coppola that came out in the early 1980's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My introduction and movie review

Galantine’s day celebration

Broadway Music and My Favorite Composers